Caring for a seriously ill child can be truly devastating for the entire family. The anxiety, the financial worries, the isolation, the relentless care routines, the long periods in hospital, the strain on relationships, parents having to juggle the needs of other children or members of the family, all compounded by the unrelenting emotional rollercoaster of not knowing if your child will survive into adulthood – life can be a constant struggle.
As a national charity operating across the UK, WellChild is dedicated to improving the quality of life for seriously ill children, young people and their families, delivering this through our...
- WellChild Children’s Nurses – ensuring that children can be cared for at home rather than in hospital
- WellChild Helping Hands – creating safe and practical spaces for children’s development in their own homes
- WellChild Family Tree – enabling families of seriously ill children to talk and support each other through online and face-to-face local groups
- Funding of ground breaking initiatives and research projects – leading to many improvements in children’s health
- Ability to ensure the needs and views of families with seriously ill children are heard by decision makers
WellChild’s programmes have helped many thousands of children and families, and we are determined to reach many more.
The charity’s vision is for all seriously ill children and young people in the UK to have the best quality of care whatever their diagnosis, situation or geographical location.
Charity Registered in England and Wales 289600 and Scotland SC045010
WellChild Ambassador Touker Suleyman/Hawes & Curtis supporting WellChild
Taking inspiration from the WellChild brand and logo, designers at Hawes & Curtis came up with a trio of products designed to boost funds for the charity. With all profits going to WellChild, the collaboration saw 600 shirts, 250 ties and 50 pairs of cufflinks sold in Hawes & Curtis stores across the UK and online, raising over £8,000 in the process.
WellChild was also a beneficiary charity partner (alongside the retailTRUST) of the Hawes & Curtis centenary birthday party (event), receiving over £10,400.
In addition, Hawes & Curtis have sponsored the WellChild Awards, regularly attended the WellChild Helping Hands Gala Dinner and have kindly donated items for WellChild events (including a beautifully hand tailored suit and gift vouchers).